Time for visa applications: 10 am to 12 am in the morning on office days (Monday to Friday).
- visa application form,
- valid passport (at least with 6 month’s validity on the date of application),
- a photocopy of the passport and
- two pp-size photographs
- If any second person is submitting the documents for visa, then his/her Identity Card and Power of attorney are also needed to be submitted.
Visa can be collected after two working days after the submission of the application. Applicants applying on Friday will get their visa on Tuesday.
Gratis Visa (Visa for Free)
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of following categories of Visa applicants:
1. Children below 10 years
2. Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizen (except Afghanistan) visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa Year. Afghan citizen are eligible for Gratis Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with Department of Immigration to get you Gratis Visa ‘On Arrival’.
3. Non Residential Nepalese(NRN) card holder ( issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
4. Chinese Nationals, Tourist Visa fee is free for Chinese nationals from January 1, 2016.
For other nationals:
15 day multiple entry: RMB 210
30 day multiple entry: RMB 350
90 day multiple entry: RMB 875
Only RMB in cash will be accepted. Please bring the exact amount. On-arrival applicants need to pay 30, 50, 125 USD for a period of 15, 30 and 90 days, respectively.
For the detailed information on visa policies of Nepal, please visit the official website of the Department of Immigration, Government of Nepal at http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/.